Friday 29 August 2014

No Toast

Yes, that title is as ridiculous as it sounds.

No bread, no pasta, no potatoes, no rice. I am nil carbs by mouth, and have been for three weeks. Well, maybe there have been a few slip ups (Special K is not carbs, ok?) but generally, I am in hell. 

Another breakfast comes in and I am quite frankly getting a bit sick of ordering smoked salmon scrambled eggs and NO TOAST. It just looks a bit lost on the plate really. I want something with substance, damn it.

So today when the lovely Sarah from M&Co took me for breakfast at The Table, I went the whole hog. Well, minus the toast

Now I am aware that baked beans do have carbs but they also have FIBRE which is essential for a healthy digestive system. Sometimes we have to make compromises for the greater good, people.

Anyway it was effing delicious. Ate all the meat and left most of the tomato/mushroom situation. Some vegetables do have carbs in and one can't be too careful.

Thanks for a lovely brekkie Sarah! Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment