Sunday 13 July 2014

Ascot with Phase Eight

I've long been a fan of going to the races.

My favourite year of which being the time I went to Aintree with Matalan and ended up lost and sobbing on the streets of Marylebone. SCS really enjoyed coming to rescue me and putting me to bed that night...

Well this time I upped my game and went to Royal Ascot with Phase Eight (amazing AW14 collection FYI - not just tapework dresses).

We were treated to a three course lunch in Ascot village, afternoon tea and more drinks than you could shake a stick at AND I even got to wear some of Phase Eights new season clobber. Lucky doesn't even come close!

Now as this was a few weeks ago (and the fact drinks were on tap) exactly what I ate remains a bit of a blur. A delicious blur at that.


I had an excellent day, saw some interesting outfits (Lucia Debieux of Marie Claire fame being one of them - that girl has no fashion sense). If her editor finds out she wore an old season H&M dress she'll get the sack. High street clothes bring those high fash girls out in a cold sweat - Jodie Nellist told me.

Anyway, thanks Phase Eight for a brilliant day, this lowly freelancer felt truly spoilt. I came back having won a tenner, seen the Queen and I made it home sober(ish) in one piece. Result! 



No comments:

Post a Comment