Tuesday 29 July 2014

W is for Wedding

I love a wedding.

And it's not just because I'm one of the most hopelessly romantic/neurotic people ever and I like to dress up and dance.

No, no, no.

The real reason I love a wedding is because of the sheer level of food and booze it's acceptable to consume.

The wedding of Nick and Ria (aka Mr & Mrs Campbell) was so top notch there wasn't even a notch in sight.

Amazing location with a festival themed wedding at Cornish Tipi Holidays, we all stayed in super cute tipi's. I say super cute, ours had a massive rainbow painted on the side so I felt like one of the Gay Pride pack.

Now what with both Nick and Ria being Yanks, a few ghastly Americanisms were part and parcel.

In a good way of course - on the first night after the BBQ I was introduced to this revolutionary new snack which obviously I forgot to take a picture of. 

Melt a marshmallow, put said melted marshmallow on a digestive biscuit, put a couple of chunks of dairy milk on top, then top with another chocolate digestive. I do love a sandwich. 

We'd been provided with breakfast packs with sausages, eggs, bacon, beans etc, with more kitchen equipment than in my own kitchen at home.  So on the day of the wedding we woke up (mildly hungover) and lined our stomachs for a day of serious boozing. 

One of the most romantic days I have ever experienced, blubbed the whole way through. Told you I was neurotic.

Anyway enough of that - let's talk food.
We had a delightful shot of pea soup as our amuse bouche, followed by cured meats, olives, breads etc (Danielle "picky bits" Brown was in her element), roast lamb, salad and new potatoes for main and for pud we had the best brownies I've ever eaten in my entire life. And that's saying something. Loved how they were decorated with pretty flowers, too. Looked way better than the boring old fruit cake some weddings have. I ate my own portion and Danielle's and SCS had about six helpings. Potentially from our fellow table guests when they weren't looking #snoozeyoulose 




SCS also in his element with novelty new tankard. Those breasts move and everything! Ah, look as his face.


Now what with the fact wine was on tap and I got far too excited hanging out with my new BFF Freya (she's 10) an early bed time was inevitable. We'll say it was midnight but it could have been before. I missed a silent disco and everything. 


Best wedding evverrr, so glad we could be there. Am still feeling a bit wobbly with emotion. So happy for those two Yankee doodles. Big love xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment