Sunday 25 May 2014

Ladies that lunch

I had a lovely day with my loveliest Mum on Friday.
After a bit of work at her antique shop, where I met some scary new friends, we went in search of some shoes.

After travelling across three counties and driving 2.5 hours, we tracked them down in Oxford, so after all that hard work we worked up quite an appetite.

We hit up Browns brassiere, a bit of an Oxford hot spot, which appaz used to be a Morris garage. It's quite Great Gatsby. Aside from the lack of Leonardo DiCaprio, that is.

Anyway, Mum and myself both opted for the chicken and avacado sandwich in rosemary focaccia. With chips, obvs. Mum did note that the coleslaw looked like cat sick (toilet humour is rife in the Eichler family) but once we tucked in we realised it was fresh, crunchy and delicious.


While Browns looks a bit posh the prices are ever so reasonable, these sarnies were just £8 each. And trust me, there was a lot there, I couldn't even finish it and that's saying something. Complex carbohydrates are my middle names.
Also, absolutely excellent coffee. 
Top marks, Browns! We'll be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment