Sunday 25 May 2014

Sunday Brunch


No, I'm not about to write a blog post on that twat Tim Lovejoy.

Instead, SCS aka boyfriend of dreams (most of the time) treated me to an impromptu brunch at one of our favourite hangouts, The Elgin in Maida Vale. In the nicest possible way it's all a bit rough round the edges, with mismatching chairs, warehouse style lighting and unique art on the walls. It's owned by the same company as Graphic, Central & Co and The Alice House in Queens Park, which all have the same kind of feel. Pretty awkward when you realise all of your favourite places to eat and drink are owned by the same company, I can assure you. The owner is making an absolute mint out of me. 

Anyway, I digress.

While I'm usually a fan of eggs for brunch, this morning I opted for the buttermilk pancakes with banana, bacon and maple syrup. Perfect portion size and fresh ingredients. Although I must admit I did feel mildly sick after, have no self control when it comes to maple syrup. Or wine, for that matter.



Sam opted for poached eggs, tomatoes and bacon and a round of toast. Now, this was a particularly revolutionary dine for Sam, because he realised that he does actually like tomatoes. "I can't believe I like tomatoes," he said. "I literally found out today. I'm almost 24 and I just realised."

The man has eaten them in basically every meal since we've been together so it wasn't exactly a shock for me, but some people can just be rather slow on the uptake. And yes before you ask, he is younger than me. I've still got it, folks.



After a couple of cappuccinos (their coffee takes a beating also) we trotted off, myself to work where I spent 9 hours writing solidly about Kim sodding Kardashian and Sam to a BBQ. Damn him.

Thanks for a lovely brunch SCS, I really enjoyed it even though you hold your knife incorrectly. 
Xx






No comments:

Post a Comment