Thursday 12 June 2014

Baking one off...

One of the skills I am most proud of is being able to whip up baked goods with barely a moments' notice.

This afternoon, on hearing my boyfriends mum was paying a visit, my house girlfriend skills went through the roof. In 30minutes flat I'd cleaned the bathroom, put away the washing, tidied, dusted and got a batch of chocolate and nut cookies in the oven. Multi tasking skills on over drive. If you like it then you should put a ring on it etc etc.

For my cookies I mixed caster and brown sugar and melted butter with one egg and one egg yolk, added a pinch of salt and vanilla extract. I then folded in plain flour and baking powder and lastly added generous chunks of chocolate and almonds. Then I divided into generous balls and dolloped onto a greased baking tray and put in the middle of a preheated oven at 165c for 16 minutes until the edges start to brown and the middles are still soft.

I've got time to spare if anything. 



No comments:

Post a Comment