Wednesday 4 June 2014

Pre holiday dinner

My mission to avoid carbohydrates for the week before holiday has been an epic failure. I've probably eaten more if anything.

So in a last ditch attempt I decided to have a carb free dinner the night before instead, and opted for baked eggs.

Now I'd had this for breakfast once at Nopi but felt it was far too rich for a pre-brunch affair. Since then I've made it as a light dinner and it never fails to hit the spot.

Fry onions, garlic and a red chilli in olive oil til soft. Wang in some chopped tomatos, tomato puree and season to taste. Leave to simmer for ten mins til the sauce is reduced. Make a couple of wells in the tomato sauce and crack in some eggs. Put in the oven for 5mins until eggs  are cooked. Serve with salad, and if you're not going carb free a toasted tortilla wrap. (Which I did of course have).
Who am I kidding?!!
Delish.


No comments:

Post a Comment