Thursday 19 January 2012

Guest Blogger: Eichler


So, after about 6 months of being begged (literally) for my words of foodie wisdom, the time has come. Yes readers/fans its Eichlers first blog post!!!

As a special treat the lovely people at Clarks aka my bessie Jess took me and a bunch of journos to Babington house. After a spot of the toughest yoga ever (yes I did sweat) and a massage, we sat down to a delish meal. First up I had a scotch egg. A weird choice maybe, but frankly with meat and egg deep fried what's not to love. And love it I did. 

Next up I had whole plaice with mussels in an anchovy and rosemary dressing. By dressing, I think they meant butter. Now, carb crusaders, before you start to worry my meal was significantly sans carbs, panic not - prior to this I'd inhaled four slices of bread (rustic), and had eggs royale on arrival. And if we’re being picky two rounds of toast – but that was at 7am so it doesn’t count.

Anyway, after that we managed to squeeze in a spot of pudding. Unforts because the car was waiting to take us to the train station (oh the glamour) there was no photo opp but like the #trooper that I am I managed to keep the kcal count up with a spot of sticky toffee pudding with salted caramel ice cream. Full doesn’t even come close.

However, one groundbreaking FYI....there was NO BOOZE. The less said about that the better.

On the whole, a lovely time at Babs house. Thanks Clarks!

No comments:

Post a Comment