Tuesday 6 March 2012

Haddock Mornay

Just a quick recipe update to keep the MASSES happy. Yes masses, you know who you are, those fans in south Korea, keep on clicking.
I decided to whip up a quick and easy dinner. Haddock mornay with Fiona's favourite (ask her why, ask her why) shiitake mushrooms.
Start my making a roux





Add full fat milk and grated cheese - with cheese I like to keep it basic and went for a mature cheddar.





Add in, as per mama nellists recipe, a big dollop of Dijon mustard





Take haddock, or cod. I MUCH prefer haddock. Coz I'm from hull innit. Season and cover in mushrooms or mush as we call it in the Nellist game. I went for shiitake and your average closed cap.










Cover in the mornay sauce and put in the oven for about 15 mins.





And there you have it, a quick fish supper. May not look amazing but tasted delish.

The only note bene (yes I may be from Hull but am VERY good at languages.) Is that posh isn't always the way forward. I feel like I made a slight error with the shiitake (well let's be honest, don't we all, hey fi?!)

It added a kind of unnecessary Asian element to the dish... Next time I recommend playing it safe and opting for the normal looking ones. That goes for the mushrooms too.





Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment