Thursday 15 March 2012

The Veggie Sausage Debate at Charlotte St Hotel

The lovely ladies who look after Vero Moda treated myself, The Eichler, Downie, Rachel and Hughsey to a brekkie at Charlotte Street Hotel.

I've been before and have to say the smoked salmon and eggs are pretty damn good and they never even flinched when I did my usual trick of ordering off menu.

However this time (purely in the interests of research for whatdidyouhavefortealastnight) I decided to go for the full veggie breakfast. It's a well known fact to my close friends that I love the veggie sausages from Roast almost as much as I heart Richmond North Yorkshire (well, maybe not THAT much but the love is substantial).

So I thought I would do a comparison.....


Perfect eggs, tasty tomatoes, good mushrooms and nice spinach. BUT within this dish lyed one problem. The veggie sausages. Didn't taste of very much and in fact not as nice as a supermarket bought option. I should have trusted my instincts and gone with the salmon. 

Eichler on the other hand ordered salmon AND veggies sausages. Hate her!! 


Wheato Downie went for eggs benedict sans muffin with a side of hash browns. Food envy much?


So take note Charlotte Street Hotel. Buy your sausages from Borough Market, lower your costs and next time whatdidyouhavefortealastnight will give you a rave review. Alternatively just offer us a free breakfast/lunch/dinner and the review will be just as positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment