Wednesday 14 March 2012

Saffer Attempts Asian-Style Cooking.

For once I decided to stray from my usual Mediterranean/ South African fair and go a little more Asian fusion. I say this because basically I threw together all the Asian style ingredients I had and went rogue. Turned out pretty good even though I say so myself (must keep a check on that inflated cooking ego).
 

           My sauce ingredients palm sugar, white wine vinegar, sesame oil, mirin and soy
 Chuck all together, can't remember the amounts but I say add in tablespoons till it tastes sweet with a kick, then add crushed ginger and garlic a nob of each. (WHAT I'M MORE NIGELLA THAN GORDON!)
                                           Piece of sea bass fillet per person
 Cut three or four spring onions in strips and one chilly (deseed otherwise it ruins the other flavours)
 Create a tin foil boat for your sea bass (so Blue Peter), then drown in sauce (the one I made earlier) and sprinkle with spring onion and chilly strips.
 Then grill the babies, leave the boats open so that the top of the fish gets a bit caramelised.
 I steamed green beans and made a fresh radish & tomato salad (sparingly seasoned ie a sprinkle of salt and extra virgin)
Ta da-for a tea that was hanging on the wing of a prayer I was pretty proud (Nige watch that super sized bottom I'm coming for ya)

No comments:

Post a Comment