Sunday 12 April 2015

Avocado On Toast (the breakfast of champions)

Despite being from a part of The North where half the people think avocados are weird and the other half haven't even heard of em I am a HUGE fan of avocado on toast. I've sampled pretty much every one worth sampling in London but the best I've found is in Cafe Gitane in NYC (I know, I'm SO cool). Anyways, I ain't got time to fly there  so I've had to replicate it from the comforts of my New Cross kitchen. 



Mix avocado with lemon juice and chilli flakes, press onto granary toast, drizzle with olive oil and finish with freshly grated Parmesan and salt. I know, pretty posh eh. 


Such is life now that I am constantly doing 5 things at once I had to make the toddlers breakfast during this. He had peanut butter on toast. 


And before you Mumsnet members go into a frenzy IT's ORGANIC ALRIGHT! 

I also had to clean all kitchen worktops (no Jake, the fairies don't do this in the middle of the night), empty dishwasher, tidy kitchen, reload dishwasher and stop said toddler eating the houseplants. 

So whilst I had to eat this magnificent breakfast stood up it was still pretty good. As a smug girl from school announced on facey recently "Avocado... It's the future". 

No comments:

Post a Comment